On the 18th June 2020, I am (not) a monster will screen at MU Hybrid Art House in Eindhoven as part of their Real Live Thursdays series of events! Nelly will also join the screening virtually, as part of a pre-film Q&A with MU director Angelique Spaninks.
Tentatively leaving the lockdown behind, MU Hybrid Art House treats you to a summer of cultural encounters on regular Thursday evenings. Join us for a series of surprising performances, films, music, theatre, workshops and whatever this In Real Live Thursdays programme may have in store for you.
‘Designer of experiences’ Nelly Ben Hayoun takes Hannah Arendt on a world tour looking for the origins, mechanics and power dynamics behind knowledge. In this bombastic, most urgent film she is unravelling the reasons why Trump, Le Pen and others have captured people’s imaginations by reviving past ideologies. From dangerous plots to dangerous actions, you will hear about our collective fears both past and present but also encounter the contemporary monsters and actors of the future: the humanoids.
I Am (Not) A Monster Short Synopsis:
In this impossible journey searching for the origins of knowledge, discover how our thinking and actions can render monsters. A most urgent film unravelling some of the reasons why Trump, Le Pen and others have captured people’s imaginations by reviving past ideologies. To find our more about the film I am (Not) a Monster head to our website here.
I Am (Not) A Monster Featuring:
- Noam Chomsky Philosopher and Professor of Linguistics
- Nadezhda Andreyevna Tolokonnikova Activist Pussy Riot
- Magid Magid Former Member of the European Parliament
- Arjun Appadurai Hannah Arendt’s Student and Professor of Anthropology,
- Efrem Amare Director of The National Museum of Ethiopia
- Neil Harbisson Cyborg Artist
- Tosa Novmichi of Maywa Denki Nonsense Artist
- Hisa Uzawa Noh Theatre Lead Performer, Japan’s Living National Treasure
- Richard Bernstein Hannah Arendt’s Student and Professor, The New School
- Roger Berkowitz Director of the Hannah Arendt Center for Politics and Humanities, Bard College
- Hiroshi Ishiguro Director of the Intelligent Robotics Laboratory
- Leon Botstein Hannah Arendt’s Student and President of Bard College
- Shishido Hiroyuki Shinto Priest and Rapper
- Brewster Kahle Director of the Internet Archive
- Metasebia Endalamaw Curator of The National Museum of Ethiopia
- Kanjuro Kiritake II Bunraku Puppetry Master, Japan’s Living National Treasure
- Adrienn Almásy Curator in the Department of Ancient Egypt and Sudan, The British Museum
- Allan McRobie Professor in Engineering, Cambridge University
- Samantha Hill Assistant Director of the Hannah Arendt Center for Politics and Humanities
- Erica Humanoid
- Hiroshi Ishiguro Humanoid
- Sarah Steele VR Program Manager at Google
- Zachary Lieberman Founder of the School for Poetic Computation
- Takako Furukawa Hypnotherapist
About MU Hybrid Art House
MU Hybrid Art House, located in Eindhoven, zooms in on the hybrid visual culture of now and later. MU is an adventurous guide to all art lovers with a keen interest in the energetic mix of art, design, popculture and new media.