On Thursday 13th September, Nelly will be speaking at the School for Poetic Computation(SFPC)- an artist-run school in New York that was founded in 2013.
For fall, SFPC will hold an evening symposium- including leading practitioners in the field, distinguished alumni, and friends of the school. Nelly will sit alongside food technologist, experience designer and multimedia artist Emilie Baltz, artist unit Exonemo, data visualization developer for Bloomberg Graphics Blacki Li Rudi Migliozzi.
Each speaker will talk and lead a discussion about their work, research or interests. The symposium will circulate themes of…
- What is poetic computation?
- What should a school be? What could a school be?
- What projects, platforms, tools, ideas, resources should we be thinking about?
- What does it mean to take something apart and put back together in new ways?
- What are the gaps and how do we fill them?
- What should the role of an artist be now, especially in the context of activism?
This event is free and open to the public. The door opens at 6 pm. Talks start at 7 pm. For more info click here!