The second Nelly Boum Show will go live on Worldwide FM on the Saturday 8th August 2020 at 14:00 – 16:00.
The Nelly Boum show is only possible thanks to the help and production support by Sitraka Rakotoniaina.
Nelly Boum Show is a monthly show to discover change makers activating systems from within. With a focus on north Africa and caucasian music and experts (but also showcasing international talents), the Nelly Boum Show is a series of inspirational, quirky and funny interviews- and brilliant music-specifically tailored for content creators and independent thinkers and makers of new worlds. Every month, Nelly Boum Show unravels a theme and explores it in a multiverse of possible new futures- we listen and discuss economy, politics, and other systems as we know it through music. Along the way, interviewees share their methods, and models and how they got to do what they are doing. Led by the founder of the University of the Underground, boxer and SETI (Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence) Institute, and NASA International Space orchestra director Nelly Ben Hayoun-Stépanian; the show is a plethora of unique talents and pluralistic thinkers.
Episode two- ROSES
From the city of the roses- Blida- in Algeria to Yerevan in Armenia, hear from one of the one most romantic, dangerous, bloody yet inspirational and colorful flower- the rose. Join us in that floral dialogue between borders where roses and their seeds are an opportunity to reconsider and reflect on political and musical practices.
This second episode of the Nelly Boum Show is bringing together a space scientist, zar music, a children’s author, an underground record label in Cairo and an Iranian dancer in the production of a 2 hour firework
– Prof Chris Welch, Professor of Space Engineering at the International Space University- on extraterrestrial gardening.
– Marcus Thomas known as The Black Children Author, who will share a children’s story on roses.
– Fatemeh Towhidlou, dancer, who will share some Iranian poems on roses
– Adam of HIZZ, Cairo based record label,artists residency and record store with the aim of promoting avant garde art and music in the Middle East and diaspora.
– Alan McClellan, Chemical Engineer to tell us exactly what is inside fertilizers.
– Hugo Stepanian, french armenian DJ and Nelly’s cousin on his favourite Armenian tunes and on organising parties in gardens.
– Zar performers at the Makan, Egyptian Center for Culture and Arts in Cairo
– Tatevik Ayvazyan, Director of the Armenian Institute in London