Tour de Moon Ltd. is seeking an experienced Creative Partnerships Lead to join the Tour de Moon Team.
Tour de Moon Ltd. is seeking an experienced Creative Partnerships Lead to join the Tour de Moon Team. Tour de Moon is a cosmic adventure, a large-scale public nationwide festival of immersive experiences and live events developed in collaboration with our “universal satellite”: the Moon, seen as a character, a landscape and a prompt for radical imagination. The festival, composed of 8 programming strands, aims to reach millions of visitors across the UK and the world in the summer 2022, through live and virtual experiences, supporting youth, nightlife creators, scientists and digital creators through cooperation. With Tour de Moon, we seek new beginnings, to empower others to create, to initiate, to innovate with new thinking and pluralistic practices so that history does not repeat itself on and beyond Earth. Tour de Moon is composed of more than 90 individuals as a part of its team, Youth Reporter Board and Advisory Board and further collaborative organisations, all working together to build a festival committed to plurality, decolonial practices, social and racial justice, solidarity and equity.
Innovative, experienced, out-of-the-box thinker and dynamic Creative Partnerships Lead
Tour de Moon is seeking a progressive, creative, innovative and experienced Creative Partnerships Lead. The ideal candidate will have an interest working with nightlife and youths (18-25) and STEAM (Science Technology, Arts and Mathematics).
You will work with us over the coming year to create, drive and embed new models and ways of implementing the delivery of a national festival project being commissioned by Unboxed: Creativity in the UK. Tour de Moon is a cosmic adventure exploring immersive experiences, new technologies, science innovation, social media, youth culture and the power of radical imagination to change perspectives, dismantle boundaries and ignite the creative energy of towns across the UK.
The project is a large-scale hybrid public installation composed of immersive and live events that will visit a few cities that is inclusive, pluralistic, playful, celebratory, and spectacular. The format follows an ecosystem of live events, digital experiences, and public realm interventions that will reach and engage millions of people across England, the UK and the world.
This full time payroll position is to report to and work closely with the core project leads including the Festival Director, Executive Producer, Programmers, Learning and Engagement Lead, Spatial and Graphic team.
The contract will have specific responsibility for the development and delivery of creative partnerships to support broad and pluralistic engagement and participatory programming targeted at 18-25 year olds, nightlife and digital creators at national, international and global level. This encompasses nationwide strategic planning, including leading on strategic engagement with our broad range of stakeholders such as research organisations, government, businesses, universities and visitors.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with significant strategic and implementation experience in a charitable and/ or social enterprise, as well as a true passion and energy to work in support of radical imagination, mischief and youths.
Responsibilities & Duties
Leadership and forward thinking
- Lead, organise and activate meaningful collaborations at all scales, with grassroots and community networks, but also institutions and mainstream very large corporations and organisations
- Ability to lead and strategically define timetable and delivery
- Regular communications to update and report on activity
- Ability to devise, write and develop innovative reports sharing learnings on activities
- Ability to connect with all departments of the festival (i.e. marketing, creative, production, programming etc.) and work with others to reach common goals and set objectives
- Curious and lateral thinker, who is at ease with a fast-paced work environment, hands on delivery but also leadership of a small team at first but also larger with volunteers and local producers
- Bring a creative approach to devising innovative and effective multi-channel engaging content
- Excellent spoken and written English
Campaign Lobbying & Coordination
- Leading and creating learning and engagement campaigns to mobilise individuals and build communities with the festival’s programme
- Engage with cross-sector stakeholders and policymakers locally, regionally and nationally across nightlife and youth
- Create key messages to drive engagement with various stakeholder groups
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of learning and engagement across all channels, platforms and streams
- Develop and implement strategies for digital engagement, including digital recruitment and retention
- Develop, infiltrate and mis-use existing and new digital platforms to engage communities
- Manage and develop all content streams and communities ensuring content is meaningful, relevant, up to date, user driven and generated and reflects/ articulate the festival project vision
Experience & knowledge
- Demonstrable understanding and track record of working with nightlife, STEAM and creative industries, communities & creatives
- Strong track record of successful planning and delivery of public engagement campaigns or projects
- Excellent writing skills including drafting and editing copy and correspondence for a wide and varied readership
- Substantial digital and social networking experience
- Experience of creating & delivering high-quality participatory and inclusive projects
Skills & Characteristics
- Confident and competent in working with digital or nightlife creative or creators
- A reflective practitioner, keen to learn, share and widen their skillset
- Excellent organisational skills
- A flexible approach to leading and delivering work streams
- Strong interpersonal skills: an ability to relate confidently and sensitively to a wide range of people
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An ability to adapt to situations in a creative and positive manner
- An ability to be proactive and manage own workload
- A passion for inclusive and equitable practice and a belief in the social and personal benefits of radical imagination
- Experience of delivering against similar responsibilities on a project of a comparable scale
- Excellent knowledge of the UK immersive experience scene and international cultural scene
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Experience managing teams
- Experience working with task management platforms
- Computer literacy and experience of working with common office software and Google products.
- Good knowledge of developing youth engagement projects
- Passionate about Gen Z/ Millennial popular culture, entertainment, and modern internet culture
Candidates should be London based (although we are flexible) and must have the permission to work in the UK.
Intended start date: 1.12.2021 or ASAP
This is a fixed-term position starting immediately until June 2022 with a trial period.
Salary: Competitive, Dependent on Experience
This job will be remote and based at The Village Underground, 54 Holywell Lane, London EC2A 3PQ. Our offices are into a train carriage on top of a nightclub so you need to be at ease with unusual, original looking offices.
Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios is committed to equal opportunities employment and has a zero tolerance policy against any forms of harassment.
About Tour de Moon
Tour de Moon is a cosmic adventure, a large-scale public festival of immersive experiences and live events developed in collaboration with our “universal satellite”: the Moon, seen as a character, a landscape and a prompt for radical imagination. The festival, composed of 8 programming strands, aims to reach millions of visitors across the UK and the world in 2022, through live and virtual experiences, supporting youth, nightlife creators, scientists and digital creators through cooperation. With Tour de Moon, we seek new beginnings, to empower others to create, to initiate, to innovate with new thinking and pluralistic practices so that history does not repeat itself on and beyond Earth.Tour de Moon is composed of more than 90 individuals as a part of its team, Youth Reporter Board and Advisory Board and further collaborative organisations, all working together to build a festival committed to plurality, decolonial practices, social and racial justice, solidarity and equity. www.tourdemoon.com
About Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios
Founded in 2009, Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. designs experiences for you to become an astronaut in your living room while dark energy is being created in your kitchen sink and a volcano erupts on your couch. We are an interdisciplinary design studio which devises subversive events, experiences, and feature-length films. We work on multimedia, highly ambitious projects to empower countercultures and communities by building platforms for them to challenge power structures, while also allowing for change and critical thinking through multi-faceted immersive experiences. We are pioneers in the design of experiences, our mission is to reveal meanings and power structures through experiential practices and to foster critical thinking within institutions across the world. We have consulted and worked with leading scientists, creatives, writers, brands, politicians, policymakers, musicians, and engineers worldwide and we have a track record of having successfully challenged public engagement mechanics through theatrical, experiential, films and design practices. We rethink and question systems in education, design, distribution, communication, public speaking, politics, economics, history, and sociology towards further pluralistic models which we implement in our projects. We are a team of architects, graphic designers, textile designers, philosophers and more based in an artist collective in a train carriage on top of a nightclub. Plurality is one of our core tenets and as a result we support various forms of educative and alternative training, through the University of the Underground, a tuition-free charity we founded in 2017 with board members such as Pussy Riot, Noam Chomsky, and Massive Attack; it supports free, pluralistic, and transnational education. In 2020, Dezeen shortlisted Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. one of the world’s best design studios and in 2021 The Dots selected Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. as one of the “Top 50 companies to work for in 2021”.