“A dash of decadence, with the warmth of brain juice, allowing you to meet both the ancient and modern Aristotle, whilst dissecting your neighbor’s skull!”
With early bird tickets starting from just €10 there’s no reason to miss out on the most exciting alternative night out in Amsterdam!
On the 27th June 2018, we are hosting a HUGE party in Amsterdam to support the University of the Underground, by transforming nightclub De Marktkantine into AGORA CLUB. Adapted from the ancient Greek term Agora as a collective public assembly, Agora Club will be an arena for performing collective thoughts through music, dance, design, performances and discussions.
The first of a series of cultural events, Agora Club will be an experimental performance evening exploring the act of thinking, our brains and their unconscious and the politics of social dreaming. Board members of the charity will share some of the pioneering methodologies taught in the basement of the University of the Underground, as well as putting these ideas into practice on the night. On top of this, there will be DJ sets from amazing artists to end the night the right way!
- Cyborg Moon Ribas
- Experimental Architect Prof. Rachel Armstrong
- Neurobiologist Alexander Heimel
- Magician Janse Heijn
- Designer Lauren Alexander of Foundland Collective (Tutor at the University of the Underground)
- Ramon Amaro (Tutor at the University of the Underground)
- Musician Peaches
- Science Fiction author Bruce Sterling
- Global Night Mayor Advocate Mirik Milan
- Angelique Spaninks
- Experimental Architecture Group
- Coca Cola Bootcamp
- Blue Gorilla
- Natalie Fyfe
More acts and speakers to be revealed!