Innovative, experienced, out-of-the-box thinker and dynamic head of Creative Partnerships, Learning and Engagement.
Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. is seeking a progressive, creative, innovative and experienced Head of Creative Partnerships, Learning and Engagement. The ideal candidate will have experience working with nightlife and youths (18-25) and STEAM (Science Technology, Arts and Mathematics).
You will work with us over the coming year to create, drive and embed new models and ways of implementing the delivery of a national festival project being commissioned by Festival UK* 2022.
Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. are developing a cosmic adventure exploring immersive experiences, new technologies, science innovation, social media, youth culture and the power of radical imagination to change perspectives, dismantle boundaries and ignite the creative energy of towns across the UK.
The project is a large-scale hybrid public installation composed of immersive and live events that will visit a few cities for Festival UK* 2022 that is inclusive, pluralistic, playful, celebratory, and spectacular. The format follows an ecosystem of live events, digital experiences, and public realm interventions that will reach and engage millions of people across England, the UK and the world.
This full-time payroll position is to report to and work closely with the core project leads including the Festival Director, Executive Producer, Programmers, Spatial and Graphic team.
The contract will have specific responsibility for the development and delivery of creative partnerships to support broad and pluralistic engagement and participatory programming targeted at 18-25 year olds, nightlife and digital creators.This encompasses nation-wide strategic planning, including leading on strategic engagement with our broad range of stakeholders such as research organisations, government, businesses, universities and the importantly public.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with significant strategic and implementation experience in a charitable and/ or social enterprise, as well as a true passion and energy to work in support of radical imagination, mischief and youths.
Responsibilities & Duties
Leadership and forward-thinking
- Lead, organise and activate meaningful collaborations at all scales, with grassroots and community networks, but also institutions and mainstream very large corporations and organisations
- Ability to lead and strategically define timetable and delivery
- Regular communications to update and report on activity
- Ability to devise, write and develop innovative reports sharing learnings on activities
- Ability to connect with all departments of the festival (i.e. marketing, creative, production, programming etc.) and work with others to reach common goals and set objectives
- Curious and lateral thinker, who is at ease with a fast-paced work environment, hands-on delivery but also the leadership of a small team at first but also larger with volunteers and local producers
- Bring a creative approach to devising innovative and effective multi-channel engaging content
- Excellent spoken and written English
Campaign Lobbying & Coordination
- Leading and creating learning and engagement campaigns to mobilise individuals and build communities with the festival’s programme
- Engage with cross-sector stakeholders and policymakers locally, regionally and nationally across nightlife and youth
- Create key messages to drive engagement with various stakeholder groups
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of learning and engagement across all channels, platforms and streams
- Develop and implement strategies for digital engagement, including digital recruitment and retention
- Develop, infiltrate and misuse existing and new digital platforms to engage communities
- Manage and develop all content streams and communities ensuring content is meaningful, relevant, up to date, user-driven and generated and reflects/ articulate the festival project vision
Experience & knowledge
- Demonstrable understanding and track record of working with nightlife, STEAM and creative industries, communities & creatives
- Strong track record of successful planning and delivery of public engagement campaigns or projects
- Excellent writing skills including drafting and editing copy and correspondence for a wide and varied readership
- Substantial digital and social networking experience
- Experience of creating & delivering high-quality participatory and inclusive projects
Skills & Characteristics
- Confident and competent in working with digital or nightlife creative or creators
- A reflective practitioner, keen to learn, share and widen their skillset
- Excellent organisational skills
- A flexible approach to leading and delivering work streams
- Strong interpersonal skills: an ability to relate confidently and sensitively to a wide range of people
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An ability to adapt to situations in a creative and positive manner
- An ability to be proactive and manage own workload
- A passion for inclusive and equitable practice and a belief in the social and personal benefits of radical imagination
- Experience of delivering against similar responsibilities on a project of a comparable scale
- Excellent knowledge of the UK immersive experience scene and international cultural scene
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Experience managing teams
- Experience working with task management platforms
- Computer literacy and experience of working with common office software and Google products.
- Good knowledge of developing youth engagement projects
- Passionate about Gen Z/ Millennial popular culture, entertainment, and modern internet culture
Candidates should be London based (although we are flexible) and must have permission to work in the UK.
Application opens until Tuesday 24th August
Interviews: Friday 27th August
Intended start date during w/c: Tuesday 31th August
This is a fixed-term position starting immediately until June 2022 with a trial period.
Salary: Competitive, Dependent on Experience
This job will be remote and based at The Village Underground, 54 Holywell Lane, London EC2A 3PQ. Our offices are into a train carriage on top of a nightclub so you need to be at ease with unusual, original looking offices.
Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios is committed to equal opportunities employment and has a zero-tolerance policy against any forms of harassment.