Are you our Experienced and skilled Senior Production Manager??
Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. is seeking an experienced Senior Production Manager. The ideal candidate will have experience working on festival touring at a nationwide and beyond scale.
Experience with nightlife and youths (18-25) and STEAM (Science Technology, Arts and Mathematics) is a bonus.
You will work with us over the coming year to create, drive and embed the technical strategy supporting the programming strands for a nationwide festival project being commissioned by Festival UK* 2022.
Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. are developing a cosmic adventure exploring immersive experiences, new technologies, science innovation, social media, youth culture and the power of radical imagination to change perspectives, dismantle boundaries and ignite the creative energy of towns across the UK.
The project is a large-scale hybrid public installation composed of immersive and live events that will visit a few cities for Festival UK* 2022 that is inclusive, pluralistic, playful, celebratory, and spectacular. The format follows an ecosystem of live events, digital experiences, and public realm interventions that will reach and engage millions of people across England, the UK and the world.
The contract will have specific responsibility for the technical development, management and delivery of the creative programming strands which support broad and pluralistic engagement and participatory programming targeted at 18-25 year olds, nightlife and digital creators.
Responsibilities / Essential skills
- Review all technical and logistical schedules including artist planners, AV & LX (sound and light) designs and sound systems. From this information, prepare a power plan for all of the events’ needs, develop a system for running the power infrastructure for the event and prioritise having power up and running as soon as possible in all containers.
- Plan and manage the distribution and balance of power supply across the different activities and times of the event .
- Book all the equipment required to achieve the technical infrastructure.
- Line Manage the Production Manager to ensure the technical elements of the budget are kept within limits agreed with Executive Producer and Festival Director. Maintain accurate records of any technical budget expenditure. Ensure all technical expenditure is signed off and approved by the delegated authority .
- Work with the Senior Production Manager to oversee, negotiate and manage any regulatory requirements with local authorities and associate providers including road closures and use of public space.
- Work with the Technical Director to develop technical schedules for installation and delegate tasks to technical crew and volunteers assigned to help in this department.
- Weatherproof and make safe all power and electrical devices. Maintain the systems throughout the event.
- Ensure that all cabling is installed efficiently for maximum usability, durability, and aesthetics: with care towards the look of the event and the high impact of weather, sun, container architecture, and public interaction.
- Work with the Technical Director and Production Manager to ensure the festival meets all health and safety requirements and operates in a risk free environment.
- Provide the Festival Director, Executive Producer, Technical Director and all senior Producers with regular briefings on developments and progress in all areas of responsibility and keep them fully informed of any significant issues which may affect the festivals activities.
- Oversee the provision of power and the smooth running of all electrical equipment for all activity
- Work with the Technical Director and Production Manager to ensure the smooth pack-out of all events, and the return of hired equipment / materials, and return of sites to prior condition.
- Work collaboratively with artists and contractors in order to realise their work onsite, within the time constraints.
- Report to the Executive Producer on all duties.
- Respond to correspondence, emails, phone calls or requests in person and liaise with clients, performers, suppliers, tradespeople, and other parties as required.
- Maintain company records, file keeping and other reports when required.
- Ensure cleaning duties of the workplace and project space(s).
- Miscellaneous errands and general administrative duties as required from time to time.
- Any other tasks that the business or the people that you report to may require from time to time.
- Attend meetings leading up to the festival tour to participate in preparation for the event as required.
- Provide the Executive Producer, Festival Director and senior producers on completion of the activity with a report covering all areas of responsibility.
- Experience in delivering touring festivals with multiple strands of production
- Line Managing within a mid-sized team
- Building and leading a complex Technical strategy for a touring festival
- Well developed networks within UK festivals/venues
- Flexibility to travel across England throughout duration of project
- Strong experience in resourcing and budget setting
- Strong financial and budget management skills
- Experienced in reporting to Executive governance
- Experience of working on Project Management software and Google Drive
- A calm, pragmatic and problem-solving approach to tasks
- Excellent written and spoken English
Deadline: Thursday 2nd September 2021 End of the Day
Interviews: Monday 6th September 2021
Intended start date: Monday 13th September 2021
This is a fixed-term position starting immediately until July 2022 with a trial period.
Salary: Competitive, Dependent on Experience
This job will be remote and based at The Village Underground, 54 Holywell Lane, London EC2A 3PQ. Our offices are into a train carriage on top of a nightclub so you need to be at ease with unusual, original looking offices.
Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios is committed to equal opportunities employment and has a zero tolerance policy against any forms of harassment.