Tour de Moon Ltd. is seeking an experienced film producer to join the Tour de Moon Team.
Tour de Moon is a large-scale public nationwide festival of immersive experiences and live events taking place in summer of 2022. The festival is developed in collaboration with the Moon, seen as a character, a landscape and a prompt for radical imagination.
We are looking for a producer with filmmaking experience, to produce 10 x 30 minute episodes, offering insight on the behind the scenes and complexities of delivering this festival. Please find the treatment below:
The Making of Tour de Moon Treatment:
Working on a crazy timeline through 2021 and 2022, a team of designers, creators, writers, artists and producers are working towards the marvel that is Tour De Moon – a festival aiming to reach 66 million people. While the team behind Tour de Moon is all for creating an open, out of this world collaborative project, everything goes against them, including Brexit, Covid and the overall divisive political national context. Meet Tour de Moon’s team and see it through their eyes as they try to work to build a festival and heal a nation. This Docu-series will focus on various aspects of the production process and follow different members of the team as they direct and curate the Tour de Moon experience. By doing this, the audience will get to know the team and see the world of Tour de moon develop through multiple different perspectives and voices. The pluralistic, non hierarchical approach to developing this festival therefore will come across on camera.
The final docuseries will be aired in part during Moon Cinema programming in Southampton, Newcastle and Leicester as part of Tour De Moon. Beyond that this series is a mode of memorialising the journey to Tour De Moon by airing the series on various digital platforms.
Innovative, experienced, out-of-the-box thinker and dynamic film producer.
Tour de Moon is seeking a progressive, creative, innovative and experienced film producer. The ideal candidate will have an interest in working with nightlife and youths (18-25) and STEAM (Science Technology, Arts and Mathematics).
You will work with us over the coming year to create a docu-series following the delivery of a national festival project being commissioned by Unboxed: Creativity in the UK. Tour de Moon is a cosmic adventure exploring immersive experiences, new technologies, science innovation, social media, youth culture and the power of radical imagination to change perspectives, dismantle boundaries and ignite the creative energy of towns across the UK.
The project is a large-scale hybrid public installation composed of immersive and live events that will visit a few cities that is inclusive, pluralistic, playful, celebratory, and spectacular. The format follows an ecosystem of live events, digital experiences, and public realm interventions that will reach and engage millions of people across England, the UK and the world.
This freelance position is to report to and work closely with the core project leads including the Festival Director, Executive Producer as well capturing the experiences of the wider team.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with independent filmmaking experience who is excited about working across the production and creative side of this inhouse made docu-series.
Role and responsibilities:
- Organise the logistics behind filming and creating the 10 part docuseries.
- Source equipment for the collaborative filming of the series.
- Lead the filing, saving and editing process for the series.
- To lead and strategically define a timetable and delivery schedule for the output.
- Communicate and report regularly on the progress of the project.
- Be a curious and lateral thinker, who is at ease with a fast-paced work environment, hands on delivery but also leadership of a small team at first but also larger with volunteers and local producers
- Have excellent written and spoken English.
- Be able to help pull together a clear and strong story from the ins and out of the daily activity of the Tour de Moon team.
- Work closely with the Director, Learning and Engagement lead and Marketing lead to decipher the legacy of the project through the docu-series.
Experience & knowledge
- Demonstrate a track record of working with nightlife, STEAM and underrepresented communities and creative industries.
- Strong track record of successful planning and delivery of series focused film projects
- Excellent writing skills including drafting and editing copy and correspondence for a wide and varied readership
- Substantial digital and social networking experience
- Experience of creating & delivering high-quality participatory and inclusive
Skills & Characteristics
- Confident and competent in working with digital or nightlife creative or creators
- A reflective practitioner, keen to learn, share and widen their skillset
- Excellent organisational skills
- A flexible approach to leading and delivering work streams
- Strong interpersonal skills: an ability to relate confidently and sensitively to a wide range of people
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An ability to adapt to situations in a creative and positive manner
- An ability to be proactive and manage own workload
- A passion for inclusive and equitable practice and a belief in the social and personal benefits of radical imagination
- Experience of delivering against similar responsibilities on a project of a comparable scale
- Excellent knowledge of the UK immersive experience scene, live events scene and international cultural scene
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Computer literacy and experience of working with common office software and Google products.
- Passionate about Gen Z/ Millennial popular culture, entertainment, and modern internet culture
Candidates should be London based and must have the permission to work in the UK.
Intended start date: 13.12.2021 or ASAP
Salary: Competitive, Dependent on Experience
This job will be based at The Village Underground, 54 Holywell Lane, London EC2A 3PQ. Our offices are into a train carriage on top of a nightclub so you need to be at ease with unusual, original looking offices.
Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios is committed to equal opportunities employment and has a zero tolerance policy against any forms of harassment.
About Tour de Moon
Tour de Moon is a cosmic adventure, a large-scale public festival of immersive experiences and live events developed in collaboration with our “universal satellite”: the Moon, seen as a character, a landscape and a prompt for radical imagination. The festival, composed of 8 programming strands, aims to reach millions of visitors across the UK and the world in 2022, through live and virtual experiences, supporting youth, nightlife creators, scientists and digital creators through cooperation. With Tour de Moon, we seek new beginnings, to empower others to create, to initiate, to innovate with new thinking and pluralistic practices so that history does not repeat itself on and beyond Earth.Tour de Moon is composed of more than 90 individuals as a part of its team, Youth Reporter Board and Advisory Board and further collaborative organisations, all working together to build a festival committed to plurality, decolonial practices, social and racial justice, solidarity and equity. www.tourdemoon.com
About Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios
Founded in 2009, Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. designs experiences for you to become an astronaut in your living room while dark energy is being created in your kitchen sink and a volcano erupts on your couch. We are an interdisciplinary design studio which devises subversive events, experiences, and feature-length films. We work on multimedia, highly ambitious projects to empower countercultures and communities by building platforms for them to challenge power structures, while also allowing for change and critical thinking through multi-faceted immersive experiences. We are pioneers in the design of experiences, our mission is to reveal meanings and power structures through experiential practices and to foster critical thinking within institutions across the world. We have consulted and worked with leading scientists, creatives, writers, brands, politicians, policymakers, musicians, and engineers worldwide and we have a track record of having successfully challenged public engagement mechanics through theatrical, experiential, films and design practices. We rethink and question systems in education, design, distribution, communication, public speaking, politics, economics, history, and sociology towards further pluralistic models which we implement in our projects. We are a team of architects, graphic designers, textile designers, philosophers and more based in an artist collective in a train carriage on top of a nightclub. Plurality is one of our core tenets and as a result we support various forms of educative and alternative training, through the University of the Underground, a tuition-free charity we founded in 2017 with board members such as Pussy Riot, Noam Chomsky, and Massive Attack; it supports free, pluralistic, and transnational education. In 2020, Dezeen shortlisted Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. one of the world’s best design studios and in 2021 The Dots selected Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. as one of the “Top 50 companies to work for in 2021”.