Tour de Moon Ltd. is seeking an experienced logistics manager to join the Tour de Moon Team.
Tour de Moon Ltd. is seeking an experienced Logistical Manager with project management responsibilities to coordinate the team and the workload, within a busy studio environment to deliver a high profile festival experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on festival touring at a nationwide and beyond scale. Experience with nightlife and youths (18-25) and STEAM (Science Technology, Arts and Mathematics) is a bonus.
Tour de Moon is a large-scale hybrid public installation composed of immersive and live events that will visit a few cities. Tour de Moon is inclusive, pluralistic, playful, celebratory, and spectacular. The format follows an ecosystem of live events, digital experiences, and public realm interventions that will reach and engage millions of people across England, the UK and the world.
You will work with us to deliver a national festival project being commissioned by Unboxed: Creativity in the UK. Tour de Moon is a cosmic adventure exploring immersive experiences, new technologies, science innovation, social media, youth culture and the power of radical imagination to change perspectives, dismantle boundaries and ignite the creative energy of towns across the UK.
This position is to report to and work closely with the core project leads including the Festival Director, the Executive producer.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, possess a successful background in event management, ideally from asset management or the wider financial/professional services industry, strong communication, project management and influencing skills and the ability to juggle multiple deadlines.
The contract will have specific responsibility for the development, management and delivery of the Bursaries Scheme which support broad and pluralistic targeted at 18-25 year olds, nightlife and digital creators.
Be involved in the organisation and coordination of the Bursaries Scheme (Open Calls) and the coordination of the pre production and artists advanced logistics. This will involve:
- Liaising with the Artistic Director and Tour de Moon team members to identify the artists, performers and contributors who will take part in the show days of Tour de Moon Festival (May and June 2022)
- Administer the bursary scheme with the support of the Office Manager.
- Coordinate the contracts process for the artists, performers and contributors.
- Organise the mentoring sessions (Feb to April) between Tour de Moon and for the artists, performers and contributors that have been selected.
- Provide front line liaison with learners and parents, handling day-to-day enquiries.
- Be the main point of contact for artists, performers and collaborators regarding logistics and pre-production arrangements
- To manage the pre production of show days in a detailed and systematic manner
- Invoice reconciliation
- Keep track of Team task and project progression using software management tool and excel sheets
- Help to outline the priorities for the team and Director with regards to a strict timeline.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Strong familiarity with Google products (Gmail, calendar, docs) and a passion for implementing technology to increase efficiency
- Excel/Google sheet and Powerpoint/Google slides user
- Experience with live event planning and performing arts management
- Clever problem-solver who can thoughtfully anticipate needs, uses good judgment and is resourceful
- Ability to execute against defined objectives and communicate the results clearly and effectively to both senior management and wider team and other stakeholders
- Bookkeeping and budget management skills
- Ability to lead and strategically define timetable and delivery
- Fully support the Tour de Moon vision, mission and objectives
- Support and promote a culture of innovation, excellence and equality.
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required commensurate with this grade
Interviews: Week commencing the 31st January 2022
Intended start date: ASAP
This is a fixed-term position starting immediately until June 2022 with a trial period.
Salary: Competitive, Dependent on Experience
This job will be based at The Village Underground, 54 Holywell Lane, London EC2A 3PQ. Our offices are into a train carriage on top of a nightclub so you need to be at ease with unusual, original looking offices.
Tour de Moon Ltd and Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd is committed to equal opportunities employment and has a zero tolerance policy against any forms of harassment.
About Tour de Moon Ltd
Tour de Moon is a cosmic adventure, a large-scale public festival of immersive experiences and live events developed in collaboration with our “universal satellite”: the Moon, seen as a character, a landscape and a prompt for radical imagination. The festival, composed of 8 programming strands, aims to reach millions of visitors across the UK and the world in 2022, through live and virtual experiences, supporting youth, nightlife creators, scientists and digital creators through cooperation. With Tour de Moon, we seek new beginnings, to empower others to create, to initiate, to innovate with new thinking and pluralistic practices so that history does not repeat itself on and beyond Earth.Tour de Moon is composed of more than 90 individuals as a part of its team, Youth Reporter Board and Advisory Board and further collaborative organisations, all working together to build a festival committed to plurality, decolonial practices, social and racial justice, solidarity and equity. www.tourdemoon.com
About Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios
Founded in 2009, Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. designs experiences for you to become an astronaut in your living room while dark energy is being created in your kitchen sink and a volcano erupts on your couch. We are an interdisciplinary design studio which devises subversive events, experiences, and feature-length films. We work on multimedia, highly ambitious projects to empower countercultures and communities by building platforms for them to challenge power structures, while also allowing for change and critical thinking through multi-faceted immersive experiences. We are pioneers in the design of experiences, our mission is to reveal meanings and power structures through experiential practices and to foster critical thinking within institutions across the world. We have consulted and worked with leading scientists, creatives, writers, brands, politicians, policymakers, musicians, and engineers worldwide and we have a track record of having successfully challenged public engagement mechanics through theatrical, experiential, films and design practices. We rethink and question systems in education, design, distribution, communication, public speaking, politics, economics, history, and sociology towards further pluralistic models which we implement in our projects. We are a team of architects, graphic designers, textile designers, philosophers and more based in an artist collective in a train carriage on top of a nightclub. Plurality is one of our core tenets and as a result we support various forms of educative and alternative training, through the University of the Underground, a tuition-free charity we founded in 2017 with board members such as Pussy Riot, Noam Chomsky, and Massive Attack; it supports free, pluralistic, and transnational education. In 2020, Dezeen shortlisted Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. one of the world’s best design studios and in 2021 The Dots selected Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. as one of the “Top 50 companies to work for in 2021”.