Content and social media manager, Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd
Innovative, experienced and dynamic marketing and content and social media manager
Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. is seeking a progressive, creative, innovative and experienced dynamic content and social media manager . You will work with us over the coming month to support the marketing and communication strategy, helping to embed new models and ways of delivering a national festival project being commissioned by Festival UK* 2022.
Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. are developing a cosmic adventure exploring immersive experiences, new technologies, science innovation, social media, youth culture and the power of radical imagination to change perspectives, dismantle boundaries and ignite the creative energy of towns across the UK.
The project is a large-scale hybrid public installation composed of immersive and live events that will visit a few cities for Festival UK* 2022 that is inclusive, pluralistic, playful, celebratory, and spectacular. The format follows an ecosystem of live events, digital experiences, and public realm interventions that will reach and engage millions of people across England, the UK and the world.
The Freelancer will report to and work closely with the core project leads including the Festival Director, Executive Producer, Marketing lead consultant, producer creative partnerships, Programmers, Spatial and graphic team.
The contract will have specific responsibility for advising on the development of engagement and participatory programming targeted at 18-25 year olds, nightlife and digital creators
Working with the core team you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of impactful grassroots campaigns that activate and support radical imagination. You will need passion and determination to support the vision and have practical experience of engaging and building communities. You will be involved with all social media channels but also into the programming of a monthly public facing activity seeking feedback from the audience.
The main purpose of this role is to coordinate strong campaigns building and guiding our public engagement and marketing streams that connect and activate our target audiences, meeting them where they are, across physical and digital spaces and platforms in the most unexpected and creative manners.
Central to the success of the projects is our vision of radical imagination driving nightlife and youth-led approach to systemic change across all areas of our work. Lead by the key values that underpin our work you will build, evidence and mobilise communities of creatives, audiences and communities for the arrival of our festival project in 2022.
Experience of leading campaigns for large scale grassroots projects is required.
Responsibilities & Duties
The focus of this role is to focus on the specific development of the marketing and communication strategy, collection and archive of online and offline advertising assets, coordinating all the internal players so they can deliver elements of both content and display production. This role is also conciliatory with stakeholders of the festival.
- Doing market research, analysing forecasts and performing competitive analysis
- Public facing programming and delivery on socials
- Preparing marketing reports
- Supporting the development and execution of a company’s marketing and branding strategies
- Actively taking part in marketing campaigns
- Developing original copy for social media platforms, websites and printed advertising materials
- Understanding brand guidelines and consistently implementing the brand voice across all channels and marketing materials
- Monitoring marketing industry news and submitting reports on emerging trends to management
- Informing the creative partnership teams about campaign objectives and deliverables
- Working with production and programming teams on the best messaging and call to action
- Working with the graphic design team to help deliver content that meets specifications
- Supporting internal communication campaigns to effectively distribute key information
Experience & knowledge
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, particularly within the industry
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Experience in setting up and optimizing PPC campaigns on all major search engines
Skills & Characteristics
- Excellent copywriting skills to get a brand’s message across
- Creativity to develop effective strategies and campaigns
- Excellent communication skills to convey innovative ideas and gauge the needs of the audience
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An ability to adapt to situations in a creative and positive manner
- An ability to be proactive and manage own workload
- Strong analytical skills in order to analyse and interpret information and make recommendations for improved results
- Proficiency in relevant software programs, including word processing, database and data analysis applications
- Solid project management skills, as these professionals often have multiple projects running at the same time
- A reflective practitioner, keen to learn, share and widen their skillset
- Excellent organisational skills
- A flexible approach to leading and delivering work streams
- A passion for inclusive and equitable practice and a belief in the social and personal benefits of radical imagination
Deadline for applications: 27th September
Interviews: 28th/29th Sept
Candidates must be London based and have permission to work in the UK.
This is a fixed term position starting now until June 2022
This job will be based at The Village Underground, 54 Holywell Lane, London EC2A 3PQ
Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios is committed to equal opportunities employment and has a zero tolerance policy against any forms of harassment.