Marketing and Communications Lead, Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd
Innovative, experienced and dynamic marketing and communications lead
Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. is seeking a progressive, creative, innovative and experienced dynamic marketing and communications lead. You will work with us over the coming month to create, drive and embed new models and ways of implementing the delivery of a national festival project being commissioned by Festival UK* 2022.
Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. are developing a cosmic adventure exploring immersive experiences, new technologies, science innovation, social media, youth culture and the power of radical imagination to change perspectives, dismantle boundaries and ignite the creative energy of towns across the UK.
The project is a large-scale hybrid public installation composed of immersive and live events that will visit a few cities for Festival UK* 2022 that is inclusive, pluralistic, playful, celebratory, and spectacular. The format follows an ecosystem of live events, digital experiences, and public realm interventions that will reach and engage millions of people across England, the UK and the world.
The Freelancer will report to and work closely with the core project leads including the Festival Director, Executive Producer, Programmers, Spatial and graphic team.
The contract will have specific responsibility for advising on the development of engagement and participatory programming targeted at 16-25 year olds, nightlife and digital creators.
Working with the core team you will be responsible for designing and delivering impactful grassroots campaigns that activate and support radical imagination. You will need passion and determination to support the vision and have practical experience of engaging and building communities.
The main purpose of this role is to lead and create strong campaigns building and guiding our public engagement and marketing streams that connect and activate our target audiences, meeting them where they are, across physical and digital spaces and platforms in the most unexpected and creative manners.
Central to the success of the projects is our vision of radical imagination driving nightlife and youth-led approach to systemic change across all areas of our work. Lead by the key values that underpin our work you will build, evidence and mobilise communities of creatives, audiences and communities for the arrival of our festival project in 2022.
Experience of leading campaigns for large scale grassroots projects is required.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Lead, organise and activate campaigns with grassroots and community networks, but also institutions
- Ability to lead and strategically define timetable and delivery.
- Regular communications to update and report on campaign activity
- Curious and lateral thinker, who practices an openness to develop and research ways of working
- Bring a creative approach to devising innovative and effective multi-channel campaigns
- Excellent spoken and written English
Campaign Lobbying & Coordination
- Leading and creating campaigns to mobilise individuals and build communities
- Engage with cross sector stakeholders and policy makers locally, regionally and nationally across nightlife and youth
- Create key messages to drive engagement with various stakeholder groups
- Responsible for the planning and implementation across all channels, platforms and streams
- Develop and implement strategies for digital campaigning, including digital engagement, recruitment and retention
- Develop, infiltrate and mis-use existing and new digital platforms to engage target communities
- Manage and develop all content streams and communities ensuring content is relevant, up to date, user driven and generated and reflects/articulate the festival project vision
Experience & knowledge
- Demonstrable understanding and track record of working with night life and creative industries, communities & creatives
- Strong track record of successful planning and delivery of public engagement campaigns or projects
- Excellent writing skills including drafting and editing copy and correspondence for a wide and varied readership.
- Substantial digital marketing and social networking experience
- Experience of creating & delivering high-quality participatory and inclusive projects
Skills & Characteristics
- Confident and competent in working with digital or nightlife creative or creators
- A reflective practitioner, keen to learn, share and widen their skillset
- Excellent organisational skills
- A flexible approach to leading and delivering work streams
- Strong interpersonal skills: an ability to relate confidently and sensitively to a wide range of people
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An ability to adapt to situations in a creative and positive manner
- An ability to be proactive and manage own workload
- A passion for inclusive and equitable practice and a belief in the social and personal benefits of radical imagination
Salary: Competitive, Dependent on Experience
Deadline for applications: 27th September
Interviews: 28th/29th Sept
Intended start date w/o 2nd August on a freelance basis with the opportunity for full-time contract.
Candidates must be London based and have permission to work in the UK.
This is a fixed-term freelance position starting immediately
This job will be based at The Village Underground, 54 Holywell Lane, London EC2A 3PQ
Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios is committed to equal opportunities employment and has a zero tolerance policy against any forms of harassment.