Part-Time Freelance Social Media Assistant, Tour de Moon Ltd
Innovative, experienced and dynamic Social Media Assistant.
Tour de Moon Ltd. is seeking a progressive, creative, innovative and experienced content and Social Media Assistant.
You will work with us over the coming months to support the marketing and communication strategy, helping to embed new models and ways of delivering a national festival project being commissioned by Festival UK* 2022. The project is a large-scale hybrid public installation composed of immersive and live events that is inclusive, pluralistic, playful, celebratory, and spectacular. The event will be visiting many different locations within the UK. The format follows an ecosystem of live events, digital experiences, and public realm interventions that will reach and engage millions of people across England, the UK and the world.
This position is to report to and work closely with the core project leads including the Festival Director, Executive Producer and Marketing officer as well as local PR agencies.
Working with the core team you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of impactful grassroots campaigns that activate and support radical imagination. You will need passion and determination to support the vision and have practical experience of engaging and building communities. You will be involved with all social media channels, particularly Twitter and Instagram.
The main purpose of this role is to coordinate strong campaign building, as well as guiding our public engagement and marketing streams.
These engagements will be made across both physical and digital spaces, in unexpected and creative ways.
Central to the success of the project is our vision of radical imagination driving nightlife and a youth-led approach to systemic change across all areas of our work. Lead by the key values that underpin our work, you will build, evidence and mobilise communities of creatives, audiences and communities for the arrival of our festival project in 2022.
Experience of leading campaigns for large scale grassroots projects is required.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Public facing programming and delivery on socials
- STEM Research
- Tweeting about STEM research and engaging with our audience
- Daily content scheduling
- Preparing social media reports
- Supporting the development and execution of the company’s marketing and branding strategies
- Actively taking part in marketing campaigns involving social media
- Developing original copy for social media platforms
- Understanding brand guidelines and consistently implementing the brand voice across all channels and marketing materials
- Monitoring social media industry news and submitting reports on emerging trends to management
- Working with the Marketing team on the best messaging and calls to action
- Working with the content creation team to help deliver content that meets specifications
Experience & knowledge
- Proven working experience in social media managing/assisting.
- Solid knowledge of social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook)
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
- Experience working with social media scheduling platforms
- Solid knowledge of analytics tools
Skills & Characteristics
- Excellent copywriting skills to get a brand’s message across
- Creativity to develop effective strategies and campaigns
- Excellent communication skills to convey innovative ideas and gauge the needs of the audience
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An ability to adapt to situations in a creative and positive manner
- An ability to be proactive and manage own workload
- Strong analytical skills in order to analyse and interpret information and make recommendations for improved results
- A reflective practitioner, keen to learn, share and widen their skillset
- Excellent organisational skills
- A flexible approach to leading and delivering work streams
- A passion for inclusive and equitable practice and a belief in the social and personal benefits of radical imagination
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Deadline for applications: Monday, 28/02/22
Interviews: From Wednesday 02/03/22
Intended start date: ASAP
Hours: Part-time, 25 hours per week
Candidates must be London based and have permission to work in the UK.
This is a part-time freelance position starting immediately until June 2022 with a trial period.
The office is at The Village Underground, 54 Holywell Lane, London EC2A 3PQ. Our offices are in a train carriage on top of a nightclub.
Tour de Moon Ltd is committed to equal opportunities employment and has a zero tolerance policy against any forms of harassment.
About Tour de Moon Ltd
Tour de Moon is a cosmic adventure, a large-scale public festival of immersive experiences and live events developed in collaboration with our “universal satellite”: the Moon, seen as a character, a landscape and a prompt for radical imagination. The festival, composed of 8 programming strands, aims to reach millions of visitors across the UK and the world in 2022, through live and virtual experiences, supporting youth, nightlife creators, scientists and digital creators through cooperation. With Tour de Moon, we seek new beginnings, to empower others to create, to initiate, to innovate with new thinking and pluralistic practices so that history does not repeat itself on and beyond Earth.Tour de Moon is composed of more than 90 individuals as a part of its team, Youth Reporter Board and Advisory Board and further collaborative organisations, all working together to build a festival committed to plurality, decolonial practices, social and racial justice, solidarity and equity. www.tourdemoon.com
About Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios
Founded in 2009, Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. designs experiences for you to become an astronaut in your living room while dark energy is being created in your kitchen sink and a volcano erupts on your couch. We are an interdisciplinary design studio which devises subversive events, experiences, and feature-length films. We work on multimedia, highly ambitious projects to empower countercultures and communities by building platforms for them to challenge power structures, while also allowing for change and critical thinking through multi-faceted immersive experiences. We are pioneers in the design of experiences, our mission is to reveal meanings and power structures through experiential practices and to foster critical thinking within institutions across the world. We have consulted and worked with leading scientists, creatives, writers, brands, politicians, policymakers, musicians, and engineers worldwide and we have a track record of having successfully challenged public engagement mechanics through theatrical, experiential, films and design practices. We rethink and question systems in education, design, distribution, communication, public speaking, politics, economics, history, and sociology towards further pluralistic models which we implement in our projects. We are a team of architects, graphic designers, textile designers, philosophers and more based in an artist collective in a train carriage on top of a nightclub. Plurality is one of our core tenets and as a result we support various forms of educative and alternative training, through the University of the Underground, a tuition-free charity we founded in 2017 with board members such as Pussy Riot, Noam Chomsky, and Massive Attack; it supports free, pluralistic, and transnational education. In 2020, Dezeen shortlisted Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. one of the world’s best design studios and in 2021 The Dots selected Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. as one of the “Top 50 companies to work for in 2021”.