Join us as our new event producer at Tour de Moon Ltd.
Experienced and Skilled Event Producer / Tour Manager
Tour de Moon Ltd. is seeking an experienced Event Producer / Tour Manager. The ideal candidate will have experience working on festival touring at a nationwide and beyond scale.
Experience with nightlife and youths (18-25) and STEAM (Science Technology, Arts and Mathematics) is a bonus.
You will work with us over the coming year to create, drive and embed the technical strategy supporting the programming strands for a nationwide festival project being commissioned by Unboxed.
Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. are developing a cosmic adventure exploring immersive experiences, new technologies, science innovation, social media, youth culture and the power of radical imagination to change perspectives, dismantle boundaries and ignite the creative energy of towns across the UK.
The project is a large-scale hybrid public installation composed of immersive and live events that will visit a few cities for Unboxed that is inclusive, pluralistic, playful, celebratory, and spectacular. The format follows an ecosystem of live events, digital experiences, and public realm interventions that will reach and engage millions of people across England, the UK and the world.
Moon Convoy parades through towns and cities across England and holds free public events. The Moon Convoy synthesises the whole of Tour de Moon. With bespoke interactive experiences, live music, film screenings, bar talks, 9 piece arkestra, independent publications and local street food to enjoy from 6pm till 10:30pm
The contract will have specific responsibility for the development, management and delivery of the Live Moon Convoy Tour , doing 22 days & nights of events across May / June 2022.
Responsibilities / Essential skills
Must be available to travel for the period of May 1st to June 30th. Not all of these days are away. Will need to be able to travel to set build and vehicle wrap locations for pre and post production during this time.
10th May – Merseyside Press Shoot
11th May – Bletchley – Stainer Square
12th May – Wolverhampton – Old Market Square
13th – 16th May Leicester – Humberstone Gate
17th May – Grimsby – St. James’s Square
18th May – Huddersfield – St. George’s Square
19th May – Blackburn – Cathedral Square
20th May – Barrow in Furness – Duke Street, Town Square
27th – 30th May – Newcastle – Nelson Street
8th June – Plymouth – Central Park Events Space
10th – 13th June Southampton – Bargate
14th June – Farnborough – Queensmead Car Park
15th June – Crawley – Queens Square
16th June – Hackney – Pedro’s Youth club
- Experience in delivering Events with multiple strands of production
- Line Managing within a mid-sized team during pre production and event traveling company of approximately 20, comprising of artists, drivers & technical team.
- Flexibility to travel across England throughout duration of project
- Review and manage all technical and logistical schedules
- Work with the Senior Moon Convoy Producer and Production Coordinator to manage onsite the equipment required for the events.
- Work with the Senior Convoy Producer and Health and Safety Officer to ensure the event meets all health and safety requirements and operates in a risk free environment.
- Provide the Festival Director, Executive Producer, Technical Director and all senior Producers with regular briefings on developments and progress in all areas of responsibility and keep them fully informed of any significant issues which may affect the festivals activities.
- Oversee Production Coordinators booking of local logistics whilst on tour.
- Plan ahead for up and coming tour dates, overseeing local supplier bookings etc.
- Ensure the smooth build and loud out of all events, and the return of hired equipment / materials, and return of sites to prior condition.
- Work collaboratively with Councils, Groups, facilitators, venues and contractors in order to realize their work onsite, within the time constraints.
- Report to the Senior Producer on all duties.
- Research and book DJ’s and local live music acts with support of wider team.
- Respond to correspondence, emails, phone calls or requests in person and liaise with clients, suppliers, tradespeople, and other parties as required.
- Maintain company records, file keeping and other reports when required.
- Create and manage the production schedule for pre, during and post production
- Manage drivers schedule and fueling logistics plan.
- Ensure cleaning duties of the workplace and project space(s)
- Plan and manage the distribution of power supply across the different activities and times of the event with the local supplier, with care towards the look of the event and public interaction / safety..
- Miscellaneous errands and general administrative duties as required from time to time.
- Any other tasks that the business or the people that you report to may require from time to time.
- Attend meetings leading up to the festival tour to participate in preparation for the event as required.
- Provide the Executive Producer, Festival Director and senior producer on completion of the activity with a report covering all areas of responsibility.
- Experience of working on Project Management software and Google Drive
- A calm, pragmatic and problem-solving approach to tasks
- Excellent written and spoken English
Deadline: March 14th 2022
Interviews: March 14th 2022
Intended start date: ASAP
This is a fixed-term part time or freelance position starting immediately until June 2022 with a trial period.
Salary: Competitive, Dependent on Experience
Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios is committed to equal opportunities employment and has a zero tolerance policy against any forms of harassment.
About Tour de Moon Ltd
Tour de Moon is a cosmic adventure, a large-scale public festival of immersive experiences and live events developed in collaboration with our “universal satellite”: the Moon, seen as a character, a landscape and a prompt for radical imagination. The festival, composed of 8 programming strands, aims to reach millions of visitors across the UK and the world in 2022, through live and virtual experiences, supporting youth, nightlife creators, scientists and digital creators through cooperation. With Tour de Moon, we seek new beginnings, to empower others to create, to initiate, to innovate with new thinking and pluralistic practices so that history does not repeat itself on and beyond Earth.Tour de Moon is composed of more than 90 individuals as a part of its team, Youth Reporter Board and Advisory Board and further collaborative organisations, all working together to build a festival committed to plurality, decolonial practices, social and racial justice, solidarity and equity. www.tourdemoon.com
About Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios
Founded in 2009, Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. designs experiences for you to become an astronaut in your living room while dark energy is being created in your kitchen sink and a volcano erupts on your couch. We are an interdisciplinary design studio which devises subversive events, experiences, and feature-length films. We work on multimedia, highly ambitious projects to empower countercultures and communities by building platforms for them to challenge power structures, while also allowing for change and critical thinking through multi-faceted immersive experiences. We are pioneers in the design of experiences, our mission is to reveal meanings and power structures through experiential practices and to foster critical thinking within institutions across the world. We have consulted and worked with leading scientists, creatives, writers, brands, politicians, policymakers, musicians, and engineers worldwide and we have a track record of having successfully challenged public engagement mechanics through theatrical, experiential, films and design practices. We rethink and question systems in education, design, distribution, communication, public speaking, politics, economics, history, and sociology towards further pluralistic models which we implement in our projects. We are a team of architects, graphic designers, textile designers, philosophers and more based in an artist collective in a train carriage on top of a nightclub. Plurality is one of our core tenets and as a result we support various forms of educative and alternative training, through the University of the Underground, a tuition-free charity we founded in 2017 with board members such as Pussy Riot, Noam Chomsky, and Massive Attack; it supports free, pluralistic, and transnational education. In 2020, Dezeen shortlisted Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. one of the world’s best design studios and in 2021 The Dots selected Nelly Ben Hayoun Studios Ltd. as one of the “Top 50 companies to work for in 2021”.